Friday, December 3, 2010

It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

I've never really been the type of person to LOVE Christmas time.  It's always been more of a pain to decorate than fun to me...point in case: last year we didn't decorate at all...granted I was pregnant and we traveled alot in December.  But still, we were total "Grinch's"!  It didn't feel like Christmas last year.  This year it definitely feels Christmas-y and I've actually enjoyed putting up the decorations/lights mainly because Aubrey has very much enjoyed it. 
I don't particuraly like our tree decorations but they will do for now...I cannot understand why I chose blue...I HATE the blue...seriously what was I thinking?!?!  I'd love to do red/silver next year.  You may also notice the bottom part that is sad and nakie...it's all Aubrey's fault...she had to go and start walking on us.  We figured that it was better to be safe than sorry so we left it blank.  Speaking of walking, she is cruising right around our house.  It never gets old seeing her take some steps!  She is just as proud of herself as we are, it's the Cuuuutest thing EVER!  I will try to post a video soon! 

We don't have too many decorations but I'm sure over the years they will begin to accumulate.  A few of my favorite things...

I picked up a few of these cute little ornaments...super cute because they were a buck each at Wal-Mart-SCORE!

This is a special sentimental one, it belonged to my great-uncle Father Gene. 
Aubrey loves to look at these lights and the Santa Mamaw Nancy made!

Dexter is still in Grinch Mode and wouldn't put any lights up outside...don't worry I will MAKE him next year! :)  I am working on some more garland and plan on getting around our front door to at least have a little light action! 

We had a nice little fire tonight, which was perfect with the chilly, snowy weather we are having.  If there is still snow on the ground tomorrow, little Miss Aubrey is getting all bundled up to experience her "1st Snow"!  She will LOVE it!
Aubrey and I listened to Christmas music all afternoon, we may or may not have also had a Christmas music dance party.

Aubrey is amazed by it!


She loves Aubrey/Mommy photo shoots (thank goodness!)

Now time to rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment