Friday, December 17, 2010

It's almost Christmas, seriously?

I can't believe that Christmas will be here so soon...I also can't believe how fast the time is going these days.  The last few weeks have been a little nuts so we are looking forward to escaping to Chicago this weekend for the Illinois game.  It will be Aubrey's first game and she really couldn't be any more excited, oh wait, I think it's her daddy that's so excited!  As if Aubrey didn't have enough Illinois gear I had to pick up this little number to wear on her debut game...


She'll be so cute in it!


Last weekend we hosted a baby shower for Sweet Little McCoy.  He is such a cute little boy and is so blessed to have such amazing parents.  I hope that Aubrey and McCoy can grow up good friends!
Isn't he so sweet?!?!?
I had a lot of fun making some Onesie Lollipops for the tables, once I could figure out how to do it that is!  I took onsies, sleepers and some pants and turned them into this:

They turned out super cute and made a great looking gift!
Here they all are:
Kristen, Katie, and I with Lindsey and McCoy.  Lindsey's got the Mommy glow and couldn't be more natural!

Aubrey and I-she was being stubborn with her smiles!  Picture taken by the amazing Jackie Powell!

Me and my little peanut! 



Kristen was reading to Aubrey and Lucas when Aubrey plucked Lucas' Bink right out of his mouth and began to chew on it herself!  Aubrey-if you want Lucas to be interested in you, you cannot steal his Bink!  It was too cute!

To top of a busy weekend we had my work Christmas party Saturday night and had too much fun!  It was great to get out with my co-workers and let loose...I feel blessed not only to have a wonderful job that I truly enjoy but to also work with such amazing people! 

Today I am catching up on all the laundry/dishes/cleaning that doesn't get done during the week and enjoying my sweet little peanut.  She is so happy and cracks me up.   All day she's been babbling, "babab baba  ahhhhhhhhhhh ba ba ba!"  We had dinner with Dexter's Grandma Linda and Ozzie last night for Christmas and had a very nice time.  Great-Grandma Linda gave Aubrey a beautiful heart necklace that's her birthstone-it will be a special gift she'll always treasure.  She also got the cutest little dog pal, Violet.  Aubrey and Violet are already best buds!  It's too cute!

She loves to dance to Violet's cute little songs...if Aubrey's mommy was a bit smarter Violet would be able to say her name and sing her favorite tunes, unfortunately I cannot figure out how to hook this dog to the computer...I never thought I wouldn't be able to figure out my 9 month olds toys...YIKES!
I'd also be able to upload video of Aubrey running, not walking, around our house if I were smarter...I may have to get Dexter's help soon!

Watching Aubrey with her dog friends is too funny.  They love each other and are already sick of the snow...they want OUT!!!  I sometimes think Aubrey feels she is a dog herself.  I'm just waiting for her to bark as her first word!


No comments:

Post a Comment