Thursday, February 24, 2011

Where does the time go?

I cannot believe how fast time goes anymore.  I feel like I just blinked and my little peanut is a big one year old...SLOW DOWN!  We have been pretty busy around here lately.  Planning the big 1 year party for little miss Aubrey along with trying to get the basement bedroom finished. 

Everything for Aubrey's Party is starting to come together nicely, I'm getting so excited for the party but kind of sad that she'll be 1.  Since she is such a genius a tad bit advanced, I feel like she's been a toddler for months.  She decided she wanted to be a big girl a little sooner than some, walking at a mere 8 months old!  It still cracks us up to see a petite little baby RUNNING all over the house!  She is a fiesty little independent thing with a bigger than life personality and we could not be more in love with her!

I took her birthday off, silly I know, but I couldn't stand the thought of not being with her on the anniversary of the day she changed our lives!  I have a few fun things I want to do with her and so looking forward to it! 


She's the happiest little girl in the world!

She's got some of the craziest hair in the world!

Waiting for dada to get home...and yes she is wearing hears with stripes...Jess don't be mad at mommy's horrible fashion choice!  Notice Bun Bun being held by the ear, this is a pretty typical day!


The basement bedroom transformation should be done by Aubrey's birthday, or at least that's what Dexter keeps telling me...I am trying to go for a relaxing beach-like retreat...

We've successfully moved a wall, drywalled, mudded, taped, primed, and the walls got a coat of beautiful blue (Graceful-couldn't find a pic online of it but it's a soft blue that I hope dries a little darker) paint last night, some of the ceiling and trim did as well because I'm a messy painter.  Dexter wasn't all that happy though!  
We've got carpet ready to be installed. 
The bed is ready to be set up once the bed gets in the room.  I've looked high and low for bedding that will work-I somehow thought buying the paint before the bedding was a good idea?  I'll blame this one on "Mommy Brain"-it is a real thing just so ya know!

I've found a few that I like that would work with what I have...
Lyndsay Paisley Duvet Cover & Sham
Sienna Paisley Duvet Cover, Twin, Blue
I was amazed that Dex liked them...but his opinion doesn't really matter for this room, it's ALL MINE!

I've got a few inspiration photos that I want to incorporate and have found a few items to tie the room together but cannot seem to copy/paste them...boo.

Next project Basement Bathroom re-do!  The list of to-do's is growing my the day...Dexter better get ready!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment